It is never a good idea to start your day with an empty stomach even if you are on a diet. This is also the reason keto diet is very popular these days because you don’t have to fully let go of all your favorite food or skip some of your meal time to start with. You just need to find the right ingredient substitutions to your regular recipe. Contrary to common misconceptions, there is a boatload of options when finding a low-carb alternative.
For keto diet beginners, you might be wondering what you could possibly prepare for your ketogenic breakfast. So, here are three incredibly easy to make keto breakfast ideas that are very common, yet are most craved for.
FLUFFY KETO CHOCOLATE PANCAKES
Chocolate? Pancakes? It must be sweet! I know guilt is starting to creep in right now. Surely, delectable breakfast treats are hard to let go. But with this recipe, you don’t have to! If you are looking for a dark and chocolatey treat that isn’t too sweet (not even a small pang of guilt will strike you), then these fluffy and luscious keto chocolate pancakes will definitely satisfy your mornings and your Instagram!
All you need are:
- 3 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 1.5 or 2 tablespoons of Chocolate Perfect Keto Base Powder (This is by far the best granulated sweetener substitute because it is Monk fruit-based, therefore, it has no sugar.)
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- Strawberries/blackberries/raspberries (optional , but don’t worry, these fruits are keto-friendly in small amounts)
- Mix together in a bowl your coconut flour, Chocolate Perfect Keto Base Powder, and cocoa powder.
- After mixing your dry ingredients, it is time to add in the two large eggs and mix well.
- Let the mixture rest for 1 to 2 minutes to allow the coconut flour to absorb the moisture of the eggs.
- Mix again then add 1 tablespoon of water or as needed if you need to make the mixture a little bit thinner. But make sure that it is not clumpy and also not watery. Just the right kind of thick.
- Preheat your non-stick pan with medium heat and then lower it down to low-medium heat.
- In your pan, heat one tablespoon of coconut oil. Add batter into the pan after the oil melted.
- In this recipe you can make 2-3 pancakes for one serving.
- Leave it there until the edges of the pancakes begin to fluff up. Flip and cook the other side.
- Ready your plate. Cool it down for a minute.
- Top it with butter or berries of your choice.
Breakfasts will never be complete without a good cup of coffee. Keto dieters prefer butter coffee for satiation and energy especially when they are fasting. In this very simple and super easy to prepare keto-proof coffee, you will definitely start your day right.
All you need are:
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of great quality MCT Oil Powder
- 2 tablespoons of grass-fed raw butter (unsalted)
- 2 cups of brewed coffee
- Prepare your brewed coffee.
- Get a large bowl. Mix together your 2 tablespoons of grass-fed unsalted butter and 2 tablespoons of your Perfect Keto MCT Oil Powder – Unflavored (the powder form is better because it is easier to digest and dissolve quickly to any mixture compared to oil). You can use an immersion blender for this.
- Add the vanilla extract to the mixture.
- If you prefer a more creamy and silky-textured coffee, you can also add in 1 tablespoon of heavy whipping cream.
- Mix them well and make sure to move the immersion blender to emulsify all the fat into the coffee. Do it for 45 seconds.
- Pour into your favorite cup and enjoy!
Perfect Keto MCT Oil Powder is a top choice when it comes to MCT oil supplements because it helps a lot in boosting ketosis further. Also, unlike other oil powder, this one is made from clean ingredients and it mixes perfectly well. Pretty sure you are also aware that if you are following a keto diet, your liver converts MCT oil into ketones.
If you are very particular with your carb intake, you can let go of the vanilla extract and the heavy cream. But even if you have both of them, the total amount of serving of carb for each coffee cup will only be 1g. You can still enjoy a great tasting butter coffee without feeling a little guilty.
SCRAMBLED EGG WITH BACON AND AVOCADO
Among all the keto breakfast ideas, this is the most classic favorite of all time. Avocados make a superb addition to your keto diet because it contains high heart-healthy fats. It is super easy to prepare and very filling and satisfying as a morning starter.
All you need are:
- 3 small raw eggs
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
- Prepare your skillet. Put half a tablespoon of olive oil. Roughly dice the bacon and cook until crisp.
- Set aside the bacon.
- Beat three eggs in a bowl.
- Heat the remaining oil in the skillet with medium heat.
- Put in the beaten egg and let it settle for a bit before scrambling.
- Dice the avocado.
- When you are done with the egg texture of your preference, add in the bacon and avocado and stir.
- Put them in your favorite plate and enjoy!
Check out all our other delicious and easy to prepare keto recipes that you will surely enjoy. All the best on your keto diet journey!